Thank You Summer Interns!
Each summer, Sweet Water Foundation welcomes interns from high schools across the city and colleges & universities across the country to help GROW the neighborhood. This summer, we welcomed 6 high school architecture students, 4 undergraduate college students, and 1 graduate student to the Sweet Water Foundation family.
- Rose Florian, a rising second year student at Harvard Graduate School of Design, from Puerto Rico obtaining a Masters in Architecture and Urban Design.
- Maurice Hursey, a rising sophomore at Southern Illinois University at Edwardsville, from Chicago studying Landscape Architecture.
- Michael McClain, a rising sophomore at Alabama A&M University, from Chicago majoring in Construction Management.
- Quory Watkins, a rising sophomore at Alcorn State University from Chicago majoring in Plant and Soil Science.
- Dejah Powell, a rising senior at Cornell University, from Chicago studying Environmental and Sustainability Science.
- High School Architecture Interns
- Darien Baker, Curie High School
- Jalen Evans, Von Steuben High School
- Saiesha Kennedy, Simeon Career Academy
- Tamara McBee, Simeon Career Academy
- Trinity Tousaint, Simeon Career Academy
- Mahoganey Wright, Simeon Career Academy
A big "Thank You!" to our interns for their contributions to Sweet Water Foundation and the Perry Ave Commons!